Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rainbow

Thalia

Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

In the Bottle: Sweet pear with a sickly off note.

Wet: Fizzy fermenting peach and a light floral note, reminds me of Agalea. The peach is a drizzle in the background. I catch a hint of more fruits- fizzy golden peach and white pear as in Titania

Drydown: It’s become a little lemony and the florals are getting sharper. I feel like white florals must be in there- but mixed with others. It’s a fizzy pale pink, green and lemony white scent. I swear there’s a bit of honeysuckle in there as I’m getting a similar note to the honeysuckle in Do the Dancing Maidens Sleep.

TL;DR: Fermenting, fizzy golden peach and dewy white pear

On the wand, almost all fizzy champagne. An eensy weensy nip of white pear.

On my skin, that’s all fizzy champagne. It’s a little sweet, and so quite different from the dry champagne-white wine thing that Fairy Wine did on my skin. I don’t get any fruit when this is first applied, but the plumeria is a nice, soft presence. It does remind me of the plumeria I’ve smelled in a local garden.

Surprisingly, I get a little residual pear when this has just dried. It reminds me of the Titania pear, but the rest of the blend isn’t as pretty around it.

I’m not into champagne scents, but I enjoyed the chance to sample this.

In the imp: Lots of plumeria, followed by a bit of pear and white champagne.

Wet: I'm getting a lot more of the white champagne on my skin than I did in the imp, but I tend to amp that note. But the plumeria note is pretty strong, too. I'm only getting a bit of the pear note.

Dry: The champagne note has been overtaken by the plumeria, so that it's mostly plumeria and pear, with some champagne lingering in the background.

After a while, the champagne ends up reasserting itself, so that it becomes mostly plumeria and champagne on me.

Verdict: The plumeria and pear end up being too heady and sweet for me. I'm not generally a fan of fruit and floral combinations (I prefer sugared florals), but I'd recommend it to those who enjoy that kind of combo.

Edited by dementia_divine

In the imp: Smells like the champagne note in Bon Vivant but less sweet. Thalia also has a soapy smell. Like fancy Champagne soap!

On me: Smells like champagne, you can almost feel the ticklish sensation of the carbonation in your nose. Thankfully the soapy note didn't transfer onto my skin!

After just a minute or two a floral note makes an appearance (plumeria I presume) and it mingles with the bubbles. I honestly would have preferred no flower and I hope it goes away soon.

The bubbles are almost gone after a while, the plumeria is still around and now Thalia almost smells creamy. It's nice, but not quite for me.

Plumeria and champagne dominate Thalia on my skin, with what almost seems like a citrus note. The pear remains in the background, so on drydown Thalia is a high-pitched fizzy floral that reminds me of a ditzy blonde -- kind of a Gracie Allen scent. Fun to try, but not for me.