Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

Many have reported the "knocking off feet" reaction to Silentium Amoris. I haven't gotten that, but I have gotten the chivalrous, courtly reaction from men--opening doors, fetching me things, going out of their way to be extra polite. :P

Edited by heartbeast

Funny story Beth.... I always get comments on wearing Hemlock & Dragons milk (even though people think they are smelling coconut?) I will definatley try scherezade!

I've gotten excellent reactions to O, but the one that seems to affect men who normally don't, um, react to me that way would be Sin. I love Sin, but I'd never think of it as a man-magnet. Yet it's happened a few times now.

Women seem to really like Haunted and Kali.

Oh, yeah, and the one night I got to take the prototype of The Lion for a test run, I got *great* responses from it. In fact, three very yummy great responses from it.

[Moved topic to Recommendations forum]

Hmm...I'm going to have to start wearing Scherezade out more often! So far, I've received the coveted male attention whilst wearing Snake Oil, Red Devil, Red Moon, O, Perversion, and my Chaos Theory, XLI.

Men:Silentium Amoris, Love Me ,Black Phoenix, Undertow, Zombi,Red Moon

Women: Jester,Juliet, Red moon, Love Me, The Caterpillar, Silentium Amoris

Thoes ones catch men and women but the best of the best on my skin is Silentium Amoris& Love Me on at the same time . Wow ya hehe it equals one hell fo a night !!

The Boyfriend reacts really well to Queen Mab.

I also bought Persephone based on its reviews (related to male response, heh).

Random guys go nuts for Old Morocco on me.

But, strangely, the one scent that actually got me asked out [albeit by someone I've been turning down for 5 YEARS] was Bliss. He said I smelled divine. [And even that didn't get me to go out with him. Heh.]

I have gotten the most compliments about Embalming Fluid, of all things! I find it very amusing (and sometimes a bit embarrassing, depending on who's asking!) when people ask the name of the scent I'm wearing.

My husband is crazy over Venom, however. :P

Each and every time I've worn Sin, at least one man has complimented me. I think it might be the cinnamon. I read somewhere that men in general loooooove the smell of cinammon.

O, Old Morocco (which actually works similar on me to Scherezade while scherezade tends to fade quickly on me), and Dana O' Shee get the most reactions for me. Someone once spent an entire game randomly sniffing my wrist because of Dana O' Shee.

My boyfriend LOVES Blood rose, but that's because it has wine and dragon's blood - a seriously major winning combination for him.

My boyfriend adores Gluttony and Old Port Au Prince, unfortunately I had to swap both of these away. Gluttony gave me a nasty rash anytime I got any of the oil (even the smallest smidgen) on my skin, and Old Port Au Prince smelled a bit too much like rootbeer and rum for me... still, the boy practically jumped on me when I wore either of these, and he almost cried when I got rid of Gluttony. He couldn't stop talking about how great I smelled!

My guyfriend Chris from back home loved Hellfire so damn much that I just wound up giving it to him. I just couldn't bear the thought of seperating him from that scent when I had to return to Los Angeles.

Edited to add that girls have complimented me on Bayou, Pele, and Lust.

Edited by Neko

The last scent my bf loved on me was Mata Hari, but his all-time favorite is Water of Notre Dame, I guess he likes me to smell clean. Hm.. need to buy a 5ml of that one.

On myself.. I think that Dragon's Heart and Formula 54 are both dead sexy!

Edited by Summerpixy

I second velvet's comment about vixen. :P

It's my current fave BPAL oil. I love it, and men at work ALWAYS compliment me when I wear it. The usual reaction is "you smell good," not "that's a nice perfume you're wearing." Cause Vixen is definitely a your-skin-but-better scent on me.

Even the 20-year-old college intern said, "you smell great."

And hey, compliments are always a good thing. But now that I'm over 30, compliments from younger men are *especially* nice, he he he :D

claire G.

I've had really good reactions when I wear Old Morocco, both from men and women. I get told I smell like chai, bread pudding, fall, and other good things. My daughter loves it and my dog follows me around the house!

Brent (lover, tormentor, ass-grab, boyfriend) seemed to like Hollywood Babylon on me. He's complimented me twice for wearing it on two seperate occasions. I know he's said that some other ones have smelled nice on me, but my memory is pretty awful, so I can't remember well. Hamadryad must have been one, though, since it's one I sport on the skin often.

Now if you want to talk what I've worn that's elicited a "response" (:::dirty chuckle:::P, that would be Red Devil, and a couple others my memory has chosen to neglect.

Now you girls have got me into concocting up an idea for an experiment! I'm envisioning a flow chart....

-doreen

eek! I meant Lust! :P

:D Vixen is good too. I think I've almost got him to the point where he will wear BPAL himself, no mean achievement let me tell you!!