Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Figs and Fig Scents - alone and in combos

I am interested in finding out which BPAL fragrance has the fragrance of Figs present. I know there is a single note Fig available, but any others?

Thanks in advance!

---Andra

Carnal is fig and mandarin. The orange is primary, but the fig provides a nice grounding to the bold brightness. I think Dragon's Heart has fig too, but I can't pick that one out specifically.

Have you tried the search engine at the Lab's website? Probably the quickest way to find everything with fig in it.

And welcome! :P

Other than those two, The Apothecary from the Illyria line comes up. I haven't smelt it myself, but the lab description lists it as "Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig."

Might be worth a try.

The fig note is particularly lovely in Carnal and the Apothecary, and is indeed available as a single note. You can certainly purchase an Imp of it and see what you think. :P

I love figs, so I got dragons heart . I love it!! Its figgy but its also dark and musky. DH is my new favorite!!

I love fig scents and I can't think why, but I haven't actually tried any BP's with fig in them :P .

I searched and was given 8 results:

Dragon's Heart

Intruige

Mata Hari

Nephilim

The Apothocary

Carnal

Cerberus

Nemesis

Which one, do you fine people think, is more figgy?

Or if not for the fig, which one do you like best? And why?

Probably Nemesis or Intrigue...

Intrigue is a smooth, shadowy brown color. Although I'd never wear it as a perfume, it's a very beautiful scent.

Which one, do you fine people think, is more figgy?

Or if not for the fig, which one do you like best? And why?

I have only tried Carnal from that list and I have to say it's very figgy. The orange is still there, but, on me, Carnal is very very figgy.

I have not tried Carnal, Nephelim, Dragon's Heart or The Apothecary, but I have tried Nemesis, Intrigue, Mata Hari and Cerberus, and the most figgy (on me) was Cerberus, followed by Intrigue.

I didn't detect ANY fig in Nemesis or Mata Hari. Go figure!

I also don't smell fig in Mata Hari--just coffee!

Intrigue is very, very sweet on me--bubble gummy, even. Try this if you want a sweet fig scent.

Dragon's Heart, however, I think is wonderful. The fig is there, but it's a spicy fig--more sexy and grown up.

I haven't tried any of the others you mention. :P

ETA: Oh, I've tried Nephilim also--didn't get any fig, just patchouli and vertiver. It's a very dark scent, at least on me.

Edited by Sheila

I can't remember Intrigue being particularly fig worthy and Mata Hari is all jasmine and coffee so my votes go to Carnal and Nemesis. I will soon have bottles of both.

Carnal is the figgier of the two IMO but the both have that beautiful sticky sweetness :P

Everyone, thanks for the posts!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my silly fig fascination :P

All of your ideas have been very helpful! :D

I've tried most of the scents on that list, and I have Nephilim coming in a swap and Carnal coming in an order, so I will update when I get them. I would rank them from figgiest not figgy at all as follows:

Apothecary

Intrigue

Nemesis

Dragon's Heart

Mata Hari

A lot depends on body chemistry, however. Apothecary smells green or musty on some people, but those are minor notes on me. Dragon's blood and musks tend to dominate on me, which is why Dragon's Heart is at the bottom of the list. I could tell it was present, though, which is more than I can say for Mata Hari, since all I could smell was coffee, no fig at all.

Yes you're right about body chemistry tempete and I wanted to see how all these different figs worked for different people.

thanks tempete and thank you too velvet!

Edited by thespring

well, out of the scents with fig in them, i've tried carnal, dragon's heart, intrigue, and nemesis. i don't actually think any of them were very "figgy." i hated carnal. it smelled very thin and "ordinary" in the bottle. intrigue smelled thin, too, but i think the cocoa made it interesting for me. dragon's heart was ALL dragon's blood on me because that's what dragon's blood does on my skin. nemesis was probably the.. well, figgiest.

I'm finding this thread interesting since while I can detect most notes in a blend, I have yet to identify 'fig' in a perfume, although I do love to eat those semi dried figs and fig rolls.

My sister has a Jo Malone Fig and Cassis spray that I'm going to have to investigate further and compare...

:P

thank you luxuria :P

fallow deer, I discovered fig scents with Philosykos from Diptyque but I actually prefer L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuer. I'm not a fan of dried figs myself (darling bf likes them bless him) but I do love the gooey sweetness of the fresh fruit :D

Adoring both BPAL :D and figs, it was only a matter of time before I wanted the ultimate BP fig! :D

Have you thought about hunting down some of the BPAL fig single note? You could use that to layer & amp up the fig in whatever you're wearing a bit...

I haven't tried all the blends you listed, but I definitely get lots of fig in Carnal. The fig and the mandarin are really nicely balanced on me. Cerberus is much more complex, a blend of many more notes, as is Nemesis, but I get a lot of rich figgy fruit in both - Cerberus is a sweeter blend and Nemesis drier.

BTW, I love the title of this thread - I picture the Fig Newton commercial from the 70s with the guy in the fig costume signing and dancing every time I see it! :P

I have tried all of those but Cerebus, and I would say that CARNAL is most definitely the most figgy. I have both Carnal and the Fig single note, and I hardly can tell the difference between them.