Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral.

This is slightly fruity (berries?) with a bit of spiciness and floral undertone. I don't know what mimosa smells like so I can't pinpoint it. This scent is blended very well and smells really good, although I don't think it's me. It doesn't change much on the drydown, although I've only had it on a few hours.

Fresh and fruity and a touch floral, this morphed a lot, suitable for the goddess of discord though I wasn't certain what to expect. Spiced fruit at the beginning, though I can't for the life of me discern what sort of fruit. This dried down into a vaguely spiced floral. Almost tropical, definitly not a winter scent this added some brightness to this freezing and snowy winter day.

First Impression: Watermelon Jolly Rancher candies.

Second Impression: Watermelon and mimosa, really fresh and fruity on the top. But underneath there is something thick and dark and sharp.

Final Analysis: The bottom notes are not playing nicely with my skin. Something is there that has turned a bit civet smelling on my skin. How unfortunate.

Initially, Eris was all sweet apple with only a hint of artificiality and an edge of mimosa.

An unpleasant undertone began to arise. I wish that I could describe it effectively or that I had some idea as to the ingredient that could produce such an odd scent. The only comparison I have is that it smelled like plastic.

The fruit smell was lovely although I never picked up any spices in Eris. Unfortunately, the odd undertone ruined this scent for me.

Mmmm, I like this one.

When it's first applied, I can really only smell the fruit scents with spice in the background. Like a less ameretto version of Bordello. As it dries, however, the spice really comes out. It has that dry, smoky spice of Brimstone close to the skin, but with wiffs of fruit. Best of both worlds, definitely.

Darkling swapped me her imp of Eris (wave to darkling!)

Eris has a very sharp edge when wet, which I assume is due to the mimosa note, and which is bolstered by the spices. The "wet fruits" in the description smell like watermelon or cantaloupe or some similar watery fruit to my untrained nose. It's an interesting juxtaposition that doesn't work so well on skin until the mimosa note dies down a little. I didn't detect the plasticky note that darkling described in her review, but a strongly herbal green note emerged about two hours into the drydown. I seem to be prone to headaches lately, including BPAL-induced ones, and Eris unfortunately falls into that category for me. I will need to try Eris again when the headaches go away, but I suspect that I will have to swap this one out.

Eris, you fruity yet animaly chaos goddess!

First you hit me with fruit then with musk, then fruit. I do not know your true nature. Once I think you have gone fruit, the beast comes out.

A fun oil, but not for me, I hate having fun.

Jokes aside, I think the whole meat/fruit thing isn't my style.

In the bottle: It smells like watermelon candy and something that's soured.

First on: Very very watermelon with a slight hint of something that's spoiled (I think this is a strange wet mix of the mimosa and spices)

After a few seconds: This develops into a soft scent that reminds me of rocket candy (the odd spoiled smell is 100% gone).

After an hour: Rocket candy with a hint of soft powder. If this was a colour I would see it as a pale lilac.

This scent is quite beautiful and I'm glad it worked well with my chemistry and the weird note just vanished. It's soft, delicate, innocent and pure smelling.

In the bottle: Mmmm...that's nice and fruit and floral.

Wet: I'd have thought that goddess of discontent would have a darker scent. This smell like fruity bubblegum, which is odd but really nice. I'm not sure that I want to buy a scent that smells like pin bubblegum, but it's nice and sweet and fruity. The spices are starting to come out and take the edge off that Bubble Yum scent.

Dry down: The Bubble Yum scent has disappeared leaving something very close to the skin and hard to describe. It's...spicey and yet not hot spicey just...flat. It's a very flat, close smell even though I know that that description makes no sense whatsoever. It's like the scent taste of bubble gum when you've been chewing it for awhile. It turns into a very bland, flat taste that still has lingering traces of the juicey, fruit flavor that was there before.

Dry: Used bubble gum. Well while it was wet and in the vial this smelled incredible. But this flat, used bubble gum flavor is kinda gross. I wish it had kept some of that fruit, sweet sparkle to it.

Edited by magikfanfic

Guest ExquisiteSiren

I wore Eris a week ago while I was attempting to paint a Oscar wilde quote.

Let me tell you....eris took over and the result of my painting was slightly disturbing to me, chaotic but lovely?

If Eris was a color it would be dark purple, black and a green?

Fruity eccentric top notes that just sort of dance and float above the darker muskier undertone.

This sort of fits me to a tee since I am a fruity eccentric purpleish type of gal with a darker side...but I am not quite sure if I want to smell like this.

Though I am utterly amazed Beth could put this in a bottle....

At first: Pretty nice. Kind of fruity and light. A tiny bit soapy, but not too bad.

Later: It's gone really soapy now, and its giving me a headache.

Unfortunately it isn't for me!

Eris

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): Bright, sweet, wet and fruity. This is almost like candied fruit – it is very sweet. At this stage, it is all fruit and mimosa.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): The sweetness tempers a bit, but only a bit. This is still a very sweet, wet, fruity scent. I cannot detect any of the floral, just mimosa and wet fruit. Nice and cool.

Throughout the Day (10am-on): Wow, this fades fast. Still not detecting any floral, just a faint, cool, sweet fruit and mimosa.

As I leave for work, the scent is incredibly faint, but still there. I will keep this imp for hot summer days.

Edited by Faerykin

In the imp: Fruity floral.

Wet: Definitely watermelon jolly rancher candies. There's some sort of musky undertone, but there's no mistaking the jolly rancher association.

Drydown: The candy smell goes away and leaves behind a mimosa/sweet floral smell. It reminds me of orchids, but I'm not sure that's what I'm entirely smelling. It has the same wispy elusive quality that I associate with orchids.

Final thoughts: I never got the spicy note and after the initial candy stage, it's sort of one-dimensional. I'm not sure I like this. It's nice, but I'm not very convinced it's me. It also fades pretty quickly.

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral

In the bottle

fruity light mimosa

On

This smells alot like one of the Lunacy blends...Cold Moon, and like Ice Queen also. It's that scent that reminds one of chaos and wind.

The mimosa is certainly present.

It's a bit too strong for me at this wet stage. I'll wait till it dries down.

30 minutes

It's a scent that really lasts. It's strong floral. The main floral note is mimosa but there is another floral in there as well and it is also just as strong as the mimosa.

Throw:

Medium/Strong

Scent category:

Floral/Fruity

Summary

For you Lush lovers, this is like Sakura and Summer Blues mixed together and stronger smelling too. Pretty, but it's a bit too strong of a floral for my taste. I do think that loads of people will find this lovely and give it a higher rating than I. :P

Purchase again?

No

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

Eris - A freebie from the Lab that was also on my wishlist. Thank you!

In the bottle: Honestly? It smells like vomit to me, which is the same reaction I've had to a couple of the voodoo blends. After that, it's sweet and a bit fruity.

On me: Well, it doesn't smell like vomit anymore. That's a plus. It starts out as a big sexy floral with a lot of sweet, fruity undertones.

Drydown: That stench is sort of hanging around my wrist. It isn't completely disguised by the fruits and flowers, which otherwise remind me of a cross between Bordello and Black Dahlia. Wish I knew what that mystery scent of stinky is...

This is, unfortunately, not a winner for me. :P

Wet it's mimosa with a bit of fuits.

Sweet and floral, intense.

Dry it goes softer and the spices come out, making it really nice.

I am sorry but I can't describe it better (I will try it again and edit if I find out anything else).

First sniff: Who knew Discord could smell so innocent? Eris is obviously up to something, but she’s trying to distract me by smelling like one of the Shakespeare girls, all flowery with a hint of melon.

Wearing: When wet on my skin this is pure honeydew. Wonderful. And in the drydown, now she starts to show her teeth – just a hint of sharp spice, still hiding behind the facade of sweetness. This definitely isn’t the Goth-chick Discord of the very silly Hercules TV series – she’s a lot more subtle than that.

O Sweet Discordia!

When I think of this particular Goddess, I have to say this is not a scent I associate with her. This is such a gleeful fruity floral smack upside the head that I think I cackled upon opening the box she came in - candy coated sweetness with an undertone of something... very strange.

I want to call it sinister, but it's not. I'd like to say decaying, because there's almost an over-ripened smell to it, but that's not entirely it either.

In the bottle: Berries, berries, berries, floral, berries, honeydew melon, bit of watermelon maybe and that underlying "grey" smell that makes me think of moss. It's almost two-tiered: the top is this ripe and lively fuchsia, and directly below there's this swirling cloud of indiscernible grey.

Wet: Berries, and melons - the “grey” is gone from my wrist, but it insists on lingering in my sinuses. Although I can't pinpoint the smell, it does leave a lasting impression.

Dry Down: My skin eats it up - I'm left with the barest floral, no more fruit, no spices, just an awkward pause of the aftermath.

Overall, I'm undecided. I think I'm going to set Eris aside for a week or so, and return to her when I'm not in such a strange mood - maybe towards the end of my cycle she'll come rampaging and take a bite out of something, because right now she's far too tame for my liking.

in the vial watermelon, sweetness

wet watermelon and mimosa

as it dries the watermelon goes away, and it smells like mimosa blossoms, i thought i got a slight wiff of possibly white musk, but it must be the spices because there is no musk in the description.

this is sunny, springtime smellies, i like it.

Perfect, the description matches this one perfectly.

It is gleeful mayhem, fruity, floral, and spicy. It tingles in the nose, fresh and fruity, then switches over to floral and fruity, then switches to floral and spicy, and then back again, and again... My nose doesn't know what to think, but it likes it. :P

A keeper.

On my skin, Eris is dark fruits mingled with deep spices.

This one drew a coworker from down the hall, she was fascinted.

I love the fruits in this - they do smell like melons in a very candy-like way. They're tart and delicious smelling. In the imp, the fruits and the spice are evident. On my skin, the fruits remain, but the deep musky, animal smell that others have mentioned also arises. I say musk, but I can't really pinpoint what I'm smelling - it just smells animalistic and sinister to me. It's a interesting and unusual pairing, but I fear it would give me a headache if I wore it. So, off to the swaps it goes.

Eris

This was a freebie from the lab. Thanks!

Preconceived notions: Cacophony. I wasn’t sure I’d like it, also, because it sounded very bright.

In the vial: Melon, maybe some cucumber - this is a very soft fruit smell - like in bananas, mangos, melon, cucumber - nothing tart like berries or citrus fruits.

On me:

Now, there’s some citrus mixed with the soft fruits. This is a very summery scent.

In 10 minutes:

I’m detecting maybe a very, very slight touch of white musk. It reminds me a lot of Haunted, actually, but in the “musky citrus” way, yet lighter. The “softening” part reminds me more of Fae, which is why I’m suspecting white musk. It’s making everything kind of fuzzy - not hazy or confused or out of focus, but literally, having fuzz all over it - like a tennis ball. It’s almost hard to smell - very close to the skin.

In 30 minutes:

Yep, quiet, serene, soft fruit. This is still only smellable when I put my nose to my wrist, and even then, it’s very faint. This is not what I’d expect from the Goddess of Discord. This is more a small child kind of scent - sleeping in a grassy, fruity yard and not playing or driving their parents nuts. It’s very innocent and fresh, but also quiet and soft. Pastel yellows and oranges.

In 40 minutes:

Shoot. I shouldn’t have done the dishes. The scent is completely gone. I think it was about to disappear anyway... Scents don’t tend to get *stronger* over time.

Overall:

Perhaps I should try it again, but I really think this is way too light and fruity for me. I will not be getting more of this, but I may keep the imp to try again, in case it gets darker at some point.

Origin: Oblation Caravan (so, many of these are going to very short reviews because I've got about 4 of the circular swaps at once right now.)

Hmm. I think i ordered this before.. i wonder if i still have it around. if i do, i'll definitely give it more time and update this later, cuz i think i like it quite alot.

At first, it's obviously fruity. I pick out a berry blend most, but I'm quite partial to berries in all forms. as it starts to dry down the spicy part comes out more and warms it up a bit. I'm not really sure what mimosa smells like, though, since I'm sure t's not the oj/champagne mixed drink variety. :P

Received this as a gift in my latest order. Thank you Lab! Very fruity - watermelon, cantelope, honeydew, with a hint of white florals in the background. Very summery scent for me. This is really pretty. Seems to have good staying power as well, which I wouldn't expect for a lighter scent like this.