Photo

how can i keep track of what bpal i've tried?

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#601 miamaslegi

miamaslegi

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Mood:autumnal
  • SotD:Samhain
  • Rooster
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

I'm still itching for a BPAL iPhone/iPad/Android app ;) That said, I wouldn't even know where to begin coding one.

Well, it's not a BPAL-specific app, but I really like the Android app Memento. I think it's geared toward keeping track of collections and household inventory. I have it on my phone and I've got about a third of my bottles in it so far. I don't know the first thing about databases, but I've managed to wangle it around so that I have the info pertinent to me (name, collection, when I got it, the notes it contains, if I've tested it, if I think my manthing would let me put it on him, short testing notes, etc., etc.). I like that I can sort the lists any way I like and I can search for anything in the records - all Weenies, all scents including vetiver, all scents I rated with 3 stars, all scents I haven't tested, etc. You can apparently sync your databases with google docs, but I don't know anything about all that. It's really a great little app overall and I'm glad I found it! I thought I posted about it here, but I guess it was in another thread.

#602 Jenesis

Jenesis

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Rabbit
  • Sagittarius
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

nervous energy this morning - finished updating the Lupers BPTP update, and added the new Alice and Emerald City (and Lunacy) - think it's up to date.

(as ever, ignore the color coding, and column A, that's all personal notation)

Izile's BPAL Spreadsheet

Holy crap. This is AMAZING  :eek:

Thank you!!

#603 izile

izile

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 3,651 posts
  • Mood:haungry
  • SotD:Lilac Wood
  • Ram
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Also... I had a sick day.. so I think I've caught up with updates through D*Con... 

if anyone notices me missing anything, please let me know.  

#604 izile

izile

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 3,651 posts
  • Ram
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

Just updating to say I've updated the list, with NYCC and 'Weenies, and lunacy (BPAL and BPTP)

EDIT: OK, didn't know anyone was actually still using this but me, so I made a clean/blank copy without all my codes and colors stuck everywhere.

https://docs.google....T1E&usp=sharing

Edit: 10/29 - because I just realized I had missed the Pandora scents, and the Bat's day Atmo sprays.  Now added to above link.

Edited by izile, 30 October 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#605 Minh Scent

Minh Scent

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Mood:Joyful!
  • SotD:Coiled Serpent
  • Horse
  • Libra
  • Vietnam

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

Wow, Izile, this is amazing! Thank you so much for your generosity sharing this.

#606 izile

izile

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 3,651 posts
  • Ram
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

Wow, Izile, this is amazing! Thank you so much for your generosity sharing this.

no worries, and you just reminded me I needed to transfer the Ligeia scents I put in my own color-coded list over on the blank list... whoopsie!  Got to remember that!

#607 Myria Jean

Myria Jean

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Rat
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

Well, it's not a BPAL-specific app, but I really like the Android app Memento. I think it's geared toward keeping track of collections and household inventory. I have it on my phone and I've got about a third of my bottles in it so far. I don't know the first thing about databases, but I've managed to wangle it around so that I have the info pertinent to me (name, collection, when I got it, the notes it contains, if I've tested it, if I think my manthing would let me put it on him, short testing notes, etc., etc.). I like that I can sort the lists any way I like and I can search for anything in the records - all Weenies, all scents including vetiver, all scents I rated with 3 stars, all scents I haven't tested, etc. You can apparently sync your databases with google docs, but I don't know anything about all that. It's really a great little app overall and I'm glad I found it! I thought I posted about it here, but I guess it was in another thread.

WOW. This looks great. I downloaded this and am going to get it set up to be useful.

#608 sprout

sprout

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Mood:delighted
  • SotD:No. 93 Engine
  • Rooster
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

nervous energy this morning - finished updating the Lupers BPTP update, and added the new Alice and Emerald City (and Lunacy) - think it's up to date.

(as ever, ignore the color coding, and column A, that's all personal notation)

Izile's BPAL Spreadsheet

Thank you for the scent list with descriptions and categories.  As a person who has been out of the game for a while and lost a substantial portion of products (long story), this will help me with slowly rebuilding the lost precious.  Thank you very, very much.  Your attention to detail is helpful and impressive in the extreme.

#609 Auspicious Q

Auspicious Q

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Mood:Thoughtful
  • SotD:Windward Passage
  • Dog
  • Pisces
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

Izile, that spreadsheet is a true thing of beauty.  Thank you for sharing with us newbs. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users