Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

Sunlitgarden, thanks for keeping the spreadsheet updated and good work! Quick question - I seem to be able to edit the spreadsheet. Should that be happening, or am I just editing my own version of it? As a test, I added "abc" to the note description of Yuletide 2005 in the last line of the spreadsheet (line #2976). Can you see that?

If anyone can edit the spreadsheet, that's a problem, right? I don't want to be able to accidentally mess things up!

Also, I'm confused by the sorting method; eg. there are LE Yules both at the very bottom and very top of the spreadsheet, and Hellfire is on line 5 among unreleased scents and Lunacies instead of with the rest of the GC Sin & Salvation category...could it be organised in a more intuitive way?

I designed it originally so that other people could update it also, because I tend to get busy and forget about some projects that I have (such as this, it's been a few months since I've updated it, as you can see.) Unfortunately, it looks like the sorting got messed up somehow and now it's all jumbled up. The original Hackess spreadsheet was in roughly chronological order, but not all the scents have dates, so it can't really be re-sorted that way.... I'm thinking of just editing my copy and uploading a whole new one since it doesn't look like there have been any significant edits since I last worked on it.

Sunlitgarden, thanks for keeping the spreadsheet updated and good work! Quick question - I seem to be able to edit the spreadsheet. Should that be happening, or am I just editing my own version of it? As a test, I added "abc" to the note description of Yuletide 2005 in the last line of the spreadsheet (line #2976). Can you see that?

If anyone can edit the spreadsheet, that's a problem, right? I don't want to be able to accidentally mess things up!

Also, I'm confused by the sorting method; eg. there are LE Yules both at the very bottom and very top of the spreadsheet, and Hellfire is on line 5 among unreleased scents and Lunacies instead of with the rest of the GC Sin & Salvation category...could it be organised in a more intuitive way?

I designed it originally so that other people could update it also, because I tend to get busy and forget about some projects that I have (such as this, it's been a few months since I've updated it, as you can see.) Unfortunately, it looks like the sorting got messed up somehow and now it's all jumbled up. The original Hackess spreadsheet was in roughly chronological order, but not all the scents have dates, so it can't really be re-sorted that way.... I'm thinking of just editing my copy and uploading a whole new one since it doesn't look like there have been any significant edits since I last worked on it.

Please do! I've been trying to keep my spreadsheet up to date but I'm about sixish months behind.

I keep track of mine in an Access database that I designed myself. I can search fragrance descriptions as well as personal notes on a scent. Very handy, especially as I've added filters for owned/unowned. Looking for a scent with patchouli? Easy. If anyone is interested in seeing it, they're welcome to ask, but I haven't added many scents yet. Just ones so far that I'm interested in.

One of the best things I've ever done in Access. XD

I'd be very interested in seeing this - it sounds really handy :D

Here's a link to my working version: https://sites.google.com/site/groovyteacosy/stuff/BPAL.accdb?attredirects=0&d=1

It's still very much in alpha, but it's going to be filled with fabulous fragrances when I finally get around to it!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Hopefully this will work in Excel (I saved it using OpenOffice, but in xls format, so it should hopefully work.) Everything up through Anniversaries should be in here now, although I didn't add the exact dates for many of the Lunacies and such, because honestly, I really didn't feel like looking them all up. The more recent scents should all be in chronological order, but scents from before 2007 or so may not be. (Since I started using this spreadsheet a couple years ago, the new scents have just been added onto the end.) I'm gonna scrap the Google Doc for now because it just is too slow for a document of this size, it lags when I try to scroll through it.

http://home.comcast.net/~marysiachan/BPAL%20Spreadsheet.xls

Edited by sunlitgarden

Hopefully this will work in Excel (I saved it using OpenOffice, but in xls format, so it should hopefully work.) Everything up through Anniversaries should be in here now, although I didn't add the exact dates for many of the Lunacies and such, because honestly, I really didn't feel like looking them all up. The more recent scents should all be in chronological order, but scents from before 2007 or so may not be. (Since I started using this spreadsheet a couple years ago, the new scents have just been added onto the end.) I'm gonna scrap the Google Doc for now because it just is too slow for a document of this size, it lags when I try to scroll through it.

http://home.comcast.net/~marysiachan/BPAL%20Spreadsheet.xls

Thank you!

Seconded. The collection tracking function in this forum is by far one of the best things I've ever experienced on the internets.

I have the Lupers - but that's about it - and I can't be sure I have all or there aren't gaps. I'm not good at this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aph0q1dUpDf4dHdxblY2bkJwekhfQzVSaTFOLWNpbGc&usp=sharing

that's what I've got - but you'd have to strip out the color coding and tally codes in the first column. And that has nothing SINCE the Lupers - oy - was hoping someone else had been going and could help fill in the gaps.

EDIT:

OK, I gave myself a project - and I think it's *mostly* updated, basically went off the "new" page, so if it's there, it's on the google doc - I got a dead link for the last pickman stuff with Lilith's creations, so those aren't there (yet)

Edited by izile

If you guys are missing scents you should be able to get all of the scent notes (and usually accompanying photos) from scentbase.com.

If you guys are missing scents you should be able to get all of the scent notes (and usually accompanying photos) from scentbase.com.

Yeah, but a lot of times, how would you even *know* what you were missing, if it was missing? Yes, if I remembered "oh, I'm missing "___" I could go find the notes, hell, even in the BPAL reviews section - but I'm not even aware of what my gaps might be (aside from TAL/BPTP - maybe if I get a quiet bit today, I'll look at catching up on BPTP, at least)

BUT, I think my list is now complete - as far as I'm aware -

Yeah, but a lot of times, how would you even *know* what you were missing, if it was missing? Yes, if I remembered "oh, I'm missing "___" I could go find the notes, hell, even in the BPAL reviews section - but I'm not even aware of what my gaps might be (aside from TAL/BPTP - maybe if I get a quiet bit today, I'll look at catching up on BPTP, at least)

BUT, I think my list is now complete - as far as I'm aware -

You'd do a search for pickman gallery, Yule, halloweenies, whatever.

Izile Thank you so much for your update! I still use a spreadsheet since I'm used to that, so your work is very appreciated!

btw, I'm updating the old spreadsheet from Hackness/Sunlitgarden's one. I pasted Izile's updates and got it updated through the 2013 Yule Update. I still need to go through the BPTP updates and TALs and make sure those are current. Will post it once that's done.

Edited by reynardine

Izile Thank you so much for your update! I still use a spreadsheet since I'm used to that, so your work is very appreciated!

btw, I'm updating the old spreadsheet from Hackness/Sunlitgarden's one. I pasted Izile's updates and got it updated through the 2013 Yule Update. I still need to go through the BPTP updates and TALs and make sure those are current. Will post it once that's done.

no problem! but oh! I haven't had a chance to update futher, do you have a link to the one you've been working on with the Yule update?

izile, sorry it took so long to reply! I uploaded what I have so far on google.docs over here. The BPAL is up to date through the We Love Fine scents (and includes the Yule updates), but I'm still catching up with the Trading Posts' updates, so those aren't current yet. I don't have all the discontinued dates yet either--it takes a while to go through the old announcements!

izile, sorry it took so long to reply! I uploaded what I have so far on google.docs over here. The BPAL is up to date through the We Love Fine scents (and includes the Yule updates), but I'm still catching up with the Trading Posts' updates, so those aren't current yet. I don't have all the discontinued dates yet either--it takes a while to go through the old announcements!

oh thanks so much!

-k, I updated the BPTP tab on my google doc all the way up through yules (even got the dorian HG and the bliss smooch - think that's all new in the GC area) - can let me know if I missed anything, but think that's up to date now, too.

Edited by izile

I keep my bottle list up to date on here and I also have a notebook to keep track of things I've tried/sold/swapped too.

Just added lupers and clive barker - haven't don'e BPTP lupers yet. - *whew* trying to keep a head on this.

I have the Lupers - but that's about it - and I can't be sure I have all or there aren't gaps. I'm not good at this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aph0q1dUpDf4dHdxblY2bkJwekhfQzVSaTFOLWNpbGc&usp=sharing

that's what I've got - but you'd have to strip out the color coding and tally codes in the first column. And that has nothing SINCE the Lupers - oy - was hoping someone else had been going and could help fill in the gaps.

EDIT:

OK, I gave myself a project - and I think it's *mostly* updated, basically went off the "new" page, so if it's there, it's on the google doc - I got a dead link for the last pickman stuff with Lilith's creations, so those aren't there (yet)

Izile, this is simply amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us all!!

<3 :wub2:

nervous energy this morning - finished updating the Lupers BPTP update, and added the new Alice and Emerald City (and Lunacy) - think it's up to date.

(as ever, ignore the color coding, and column A, that's all personal notation)

Izile's BPAL Spreadsheet

nervous energy this morning - finished updating the Lupers BPTP update, and added the new Alice and Emerald City (and Lunacy) - think it's up to date.

(as ever, ignore the color coding, and column A, that's all personal notation)

Izile's BPAL Spreadsheet

Ooh, *fantastic*. I finally got my new (well, okay, at this point, a few months old) laptop set up with Open Office last night (aargh, security settings!) and was getting ready to go through the insanely arduous process of updating the spreadsheet I had on my old laptop with far too many months of missing updates. This saves me a ton of work. Thank you!