Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Kimbernunk

Enchanted Wood Florist

ENCHANTED WOOD FLORIST
Arkham, MA
Unmatched artistry! Skilled in terrestrial, extra-terrestrial, and dreamscape floristry, these are the only artisans on Earth that are qualified to work with Moon-trees.

Please note: the Enchanted Wood Florist will not deliver to any residence or place of business where cats are present.

A burst of sweet, strange flowers, luminous Moon-tree sap, and ornamental grasses.

This is a really light, translucent green scent on me. It's slightly floral, but floral in a linden blossoms* type way rather than a jasmine type way - this is the type of floral I like, rather than the instantly headache-inducing white floral type that I don' t like. I can't pick out any particular note - it's just cool and soft and green and seems like it will be perfect on a rainy spring day.

Very strong throw and wearlength - I only dabbed a little on my wrist and it's been wafting around me for hours.

5/5 - excellent

*I don't know for sure that linden blossoms are actually one of the notes - the closest GC I can come up with is the Unicorn - this scent is very much in that vein.

In the bottle I can’t pick out any of the notes, all I can tell is that it’s sweet floral, familiar.

Once it hits my skin I get roses? As it dries I start to smell greenery and some other flowers I can’t identify, lilies or daffodils maybe? It's familiar, I just can't place it.

It reminds me a lot of Snow White and Snow Maiden 2009, sort of a Spring cousin to them.

I love it.

This Florist shop is full of high sharp florals; I'm not certain of what florals are in this, but I'm betting on a lily note. Later the soft grasses and the wood sap come out to play. What I would like to know is why the florist won't deliver to houses with cats. Obviously, I must start re-reading Lovecraft, not like that's a problem or anything. :)

Enchanted Wood Florist - This is a very pretty floral blend that isn't a typical floral blend on me at all. It's an interesting combination of high-pitched florals (that don't overwhelm the blend at all) and soft greenery and a bit of heavy, green stemminess. It's got a breezy, ethereal quality to it and is just really, really pretty. I agree with the reviewer who said this is similar in quality to The Unicorn -- I was going to write that myself! In fact, I should just re-type the first reviewers entire review word-for-word -- I had the exact same experience as her. My skin tends to eat up the majority of fragrances pretty quickly, but this one lasted a good 11 hours or so. The throw was, of course, not so strong at the end, but at the beginning of the wear, it was quite strong, but since it's such a subtle, soft floral blend, it's not going to offend anyone around you. They're just going to think you smell like a pretty, fresh, spring day.

Light, sweet, delicate florals. A bit fruity, definitely a citrus note - dare I hope, grapefruit? Yes, I think this is pink grapefruit! A bit of stemminess and a light grass note, and then some slightly soapy springy white florals. Fitting.

Sweeter and juicier - the grapefruit bursts on my skin! I think there are also some sweet florals, namely plumeria and linden. This reminds me a little of both Dirty and The Unicorn. Unfortunately, I get more of a powder-soap from this, stronger than in the bottle, slightly sneeze-worthy. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of lily in here, and I get a little of peony too. Complex; lots going on.

This reminds me a lot of something else I have, much more than the two blends I mentioned above - Night-Gaunt, I think. Still a bit soapyish in a definitely-lily-esque way, almost too soapy. But I'm loving the sweet-tart juicy fruit, which is really holding on my skin, and other than the lily, the florals are a light seamless backdrop. The green notes have disappeared, except for maybe a tiny bit of soapy grass.

Drydown is sweet citrus (definitely that grapefruit-like note from Night-Gaunt) with musky and slightly soapy light florals. It reminds me a lot of N-G as said, and dries down very similarly. This is a little sweeter and soapier though, but the fruit hold betters, so while I do prefer N-G, this may be worth keeping. To retest. Good throw and longevity.

In decant: Light floral

Wet: A bit of floral with a LOT of grassy notes.

Drydown: Very grassy. Quite pleasant.

Lasts a few hours. I think people looking for grass notes will want to stock up on this one!

This stays pretty much the same from bottle to dry down. Delicate, sharp florals. I can't make out any of the notes. It reminds me off Ralph Lauren's Ralph. I love that scent and I love this! Smells bright blue and slightly green. There's definitely grass in there. Slightly watery. Some sort of fruit, that's where the sweetness is coming from. There is definitely rose, or rose amber. Rose Amber is in Helena and I'm getting a hint of Helena in this. Oh, I know what it reminds me of! 51! Without the musk. More floral than 51. This review probably isn't very helpful, but I Love it! Need another bottle. :lovestruck:

I was really, REALLY looking forward to this one. In the decant it is surprisingly sweet florals, but the florals aren't delicate or heady, they are more slightly juicy if that makes any sense. The grasses and sap are coming into play and its really pretty, but familiar...

On my skin it blooms into something quite sweet, and I remember what it reminds me of: Hope and Faith. This scent is very much like sugared grasses and juicy flowers on my skin. Ahhh! Sugar notes AMP on me ridiculously, but there isn't any sugar in this (at least I don't think). So I must conclude that it is the sap making this overly sweet.

Very pretty in the decant, but it just sweetened WAY too much on application for me.

In bottle/imp: Citrus, moonflower, and something a bit jasmine-like.

Immediately on skin: This is a citrusy, cool floral. It has a hint of blue-smelling moonflower, something a bit soapy (lily perhaps?), and a hint of grassy green citrus.

After a little while: This blends together completely after a while into a cool floral with a bit of jasmine in the background. I definitely smell moonflower, but I’m not sure about any of the other floral notes. It’s smooth and cool, almost like a night time floral.

Overall Impressions: This blend is pretty, and has a lot of floral notes going on, especially after it settles and dries. It’s a little refreshing and smells like it has a very blue tint to it. Pretty, but not me.

Imp: Clean, pretty florals. Makes me smile

Wet: Sweet and refreshing. Mesh of florals with the teensiest bit of a grass not.

Drydown: So sweet! So floral! But the florals aren't very identifiable.

Overall: This is a people pleaser. It's the closest thing to "conventional perfume" that I've had from BPAL, but it's absolutely beautiful. It hits all of my sweet spots. I'll be picking up a bottle. This would be a great scent to wear among the "norms" who wouldn't respond so well to something like, say, Madame Moriarity.

In the bottle, this smells like perfumey, slightly soapy, yellow flowers.

On my skin, this is perfumey (and when I say perfumey, I mean a sharp, chemical-y, almost musky smell), sweet, yellow flowers. I wish that I could smell the grass or greenery that others have mentioned. As this dries down, it's sickly sweet yellow flowers and a hint of dish soap. It's too sweet and too perfumey for me...

In the bottle: Very sweet and flora, kinda fruityl. A bit sharp though

Wet: lots of wet stems and grasses. Its like putting white flowers in an ice cold vase next to some fresh fruit.

drying: uh oh it turns into a hair spray smell. a good smelling hair spray like from a higher end salon but still...perfumey...

Overall: After the initial "what the heck?" stage, it turns VERY VERY VERY lovely!!!! Right now i think it is my fav floral so far. Im very glad i got a bottle of this. the hair spray thing only lasted a few minutes (thank god) or it just couldve been my wierd nose. :lol: Bottom line though, if you like sweet florals run, dont walk, for this one.

By far, this is the winner of the Lupers for me. It is dainty and pretty, but somehow not at all little girl-y. It reminds me of something, but I cannot put my finger on what! I'll report back after thinking on it a while...

Thanks to Jen for sending me this empty bottle, it's really pretty! :wub2:

There is enough to test, and man, this is pretty perfumey strong. I get a strong floral with musk and something soapy sharp. This is really not working on me, just too 'department store perfume', which I thought it would be, so I didn't get a decant. I do love, though, and will treasure the bottle!

this is a grassy, sweet, springtime floral. there is a floral note that i just cannot place...it's not orchid or plumeria or lotus, but it's in the same vein. maybe it's lily, but i'm not totally sure. very light and pretty-perfect for spring, but very similar to other BPAL scents i have, so i will probably swap it.

Edited by theseagrows

This is beautiful.

It is full of heady florals but it's a floral shop, dammit. It's supposed to be.

I get a bit of rose, lily, plumeria maybe, and hyacinth? Yeah, I think it's hyacinth. There is a bit of greenery in here as well. It's lovely and moist. I wouldn't say wet but definitely moist smelling, like a flower in full bloom can look moist or full of radiance. A few minutes after application, the moon-tree sap blooms and adds a sweetness to it. It just ties everything together and keeps the florals from going soapy or too heady or perfumey on me. LOVE. Will get a bottle.

This reminds me of: Amsterdam and High Strung Daisies.

Source: Second-hand half-decant.

In imp: A sweet floral, with a hint of sharpness - the greenery, perhaps.

Wet: Bright, sweet floral. A big bouquet of light-colored flowers and leaves. Lily, moonflower, jasmine, perhaps? This scent, to me, feels like a Lunacy. It's a cool floral, it almost chills my nose!

Dry: Still going strong and sweet. Little to no morphing. The sweetness is giving me a bit of a headache, though.

Notes: Long lasting, big throw for a floral. This is pleasant, but a little too sweet for my tastes, and likely the sort of thing that will give me mild headaches and the urge to sneeze. My little bit will be plenty.

Wet: Sweet florals and dew-covered grasses, vibrant and lively. On the verge of being juicy, like sticky green sap from stems and a nectar-like sweetness that's almost fruity in character. It feels bright and almost glowy.

Dry: Rather impressive throw, but the scent isn't overpowering. It's a very agreeable and inoffensive green-tinted floral, but also really pleasant and interesting smelling. When it dries down I really get more of that awesome sappy green note, it just reminds me of lying down in spring meadows... it reminds me of happy moments in my childhood, honestly. It smells really pretty and sheer yet strong: a little dab will do! Any more and it might set off headaches, it's just that surprisingly potent despite the dainty, sweet feel. It smells really fresh, in a chilly refreshing breeze, moonlit sort of way.

Overall: This was a last minute add-on to my Lupercalia decants, and right off the bat, it's a hit. The flowers are hard to identify, but I'm tempted to declare that there is no jasmine in here, at least not the kind often found in BPAL, because jasmine turns to cat pee death on me, and this doesn't at ALL, at all. I'd guess there's some lily in here, maybe lily of the valley a bit, maybe plumeria, some other white florals. I don't know, all I know is that this ranks up there in my top two BPAL floral fragrance's, right up there with Noche Buena. EWF just smells so realistic and fresh, I can't recommend it enough to anyone who's at all interested in a grassy, floral fragrance from BPAL.

ETA: After wearing this a few times, I figured out what it reminds me of! FAIRY MARKET. But better. Fairy Market's incense and candy gets a little too sweet and doughy sometimes, like, it makes things too soft, fuzzy, and generic. EWF smells very similar to the floral aspects of Fairy Market, but cuts out the cloudy haze of sweetness and replaces it with beautifully present green stems. :wub:

Edited by findaghost

Wow, proof that when your skin chemistry does strange things sometimes it's for the better! This is all sticky, sweet (but not cloying) wonderful moon tree sap (whatever that is) with a sweet but again not cloying or sneezeworthy at all, floral background. Is there sweet pea in this? Orchid? Lotus? Any fruit blossoms? Those all turn winningly candyish on me so at least one must be in there somewhere. There's a tiny bit of green wet, but I thankfully I don't get any of the green stems once this dries down fully. It doesn't smell like a flower shop at all, just sweet, juicy, almost edible resin. Bottle for sure!

Edited by Invidiana

Until i discovered BPAL, i would've insisted i didn't like florals. I've since discovered that i often DO like them, in the right combination. Generally the right combination for me involves soft florals with something creamy or sweet (or both). All that said, i really REALLY like this, and did not at all expect to. This came as a frimped sniffie in a package, I hadn't bothered to purchase an imp from a decant circle. I am so glad i was gifted this, because it is lovely, and i would've missed out! I think the moon tree sap is most prominent on me. Sweet, maybe a touch green, moist (in a good way), and *almost* creamy. The florals are so soft and blended that i don't get any one variety (no screaming Jasmine of doom, no overwhelmingly amped rose, no crazy migraine inducing gardenia). The blossoms in this are cool, soft, and radiant.

I added a bottle to my recent lab order, so glad i got this sniffie just in time!

I LOVE this scent. This is a wet, sappy, grassy scent with citrus overtones. It reminds me a bit of fairy market in the green florals. It is a very powerful scent, good throw. It definitely doesn't have any "musty" florals in it (violet, lavender, rose) - all bright flowers. I suspect there is a some dandelion in this and possibly something like lily. One of my favorites.I LOVE this scent. This is a wet, sappy, grassy scent with citrus overtones. I suspect there is a some dandelion in this and bergamot perhaps? Grapefruit? It reminds me a bit of fairy market in its green floral feel. It is a very powerful scent, good throw. It definitely doesn't have any "musty" florals in it (violet, lavender, rose) - all bright flowers. One of my favorites.

This actually reminds me a lot of the scent that you hit with when you first walk into a florist; a mixture of sweet and heady, sharp flowers and their stems. It's very, very pretty. There also seems to be a bit of a musky feel to it once completely dry, which [to my nose] makes the blend a bit warmer. I'll be picking up at least one bottle of this one. :)

Enchanted Wood Florist is a green burst. I smell light mysterious flowers and fresh honeydew melon over a discreet light musk. It's delicious. It's Spring. It's what I want to wear in April showers.

On me, this scent is a nice, dense floral, very much like walking into a flower shop. I can't really detect any other notes and can't define exactly what the flowers are, although the grasses, etc. may be providing a "grounding" for the flowers.

The throw is moderate and the scent is quite long-lasting. I can still detect it, faintly, after twelve hours.

Enchanted Wood Florist is a nice-enough scent, but I'm not wild over it.