Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shelldoo

Macbeth and the Witches

macbethandthewitches.gif

Macbeth and the Witches, Henri Fuseli.

Lightning-charged ozone, steel, myrrh, mugwort, colophony, ajowan, and leather.

in the bottle leather and ozone. the ozone is sharp and electic to my nose.

wet:wheeeewww ozone major lightning infused air the scent almost crackles it is so much like a lightning storm.

there is a definite herbal backdrop to the ozone and the barest hint of leather however when i move my arm i get more leather then i do when i sniff it up close.

:P

I didn't think I was going to like this scent, but I was so very wrong. I smell ozone, mugwort, leather, and something that's probably steel. This is herbal, clean, and drop dead sexy. The dry down turns it into more of an herbal leather smell, but it's still amazing. This is definitely gender neutral.

This one catches me off guard, too. I didn't think I was going to like it - I'm never a fan of ozone or metallics. But, I don't get even a hint of either of those here. This scent is mostly leather on me, and I love the way leather smells. It's a little bit dusty - for some reason I'm reminded of really old books - but mostly sweet leather. Although, to be honest, it could smell like mugwort & colophony & ajowan, and I'd never know it.

It's very good stuff, but since it's so predominantly leather on me, I'm not sure I need it when I already have a handful of leathery faves.

straight sniff from the bottle this *is* lightning charged ozone....my lordy...

how does beth do it?! :P

once applied the ozone amps up ... this is not an overpowering scent;

subtle and interesting

after several hours i get a sense of the leather; again subtly

this is a very artistic and beautiful blend

Edited by sookster

Wet: laundry detergent

On skin: totally different, I got a flash of metal and then leather straight out of the stable

Half-hour later: still lots of leather, with a sprig of herbs tucked inside somewhere

In conclusion: this blend is totally different than any other leather blend I've tried. I'm a big fan of the dusty country leather of Dead Man's Hand and Quincy Morris, and this leather is dirty, not dusty (and certainly not slick and "city" like DeSade and Whip). Super interesting and unique!

Ah, so typical -- can't smell any leather, and only the faintest, barest whiff of metal. I wish my nose were more sophisticated sometimes, because I especially love those smells. :P

Wet: It's very smoky at first on me. Sharp, but I can't identify what it is.

Dry: It smells like... well, someone above said curry, and that might be it. I keep thinking Indian food. Though what, specifically, I don't know. Just kind of makes me feel like I'm in a restaurant.

This is a strange one!

Macbeth and the Witches - Sadly, I don't smell the ozone. This is entirely a smoke and leather scent on me. The leather is rich and heavy, but it's bathed in a heavy veil of smoke -- lots and lots of smoke. It's not my type of scent and it's not something I want my husband wearing, yet it's not entirely unpleasant and I keep having to go back to my arm for just one more sniff. It is a true and accurate scented representation of the painting that inspired it. The throw is moderate and the staying power is quite long, especially for a Salon scent, as they typically wick off my skin quite quickly.

Wet: blasted heath, indeed. There is something herbal, but gritty and ozonic. In drydown, it amps the steel and ozone note, and becomes flinty. It's like a lightning strike that's still smoldering. The herbal note still lurks in the background.

Dry: the steel and ozone have dropped out, and the leather has come out. It's herbal leather, now. Almost too subtle.

Aside: I'm celebrating my returned sense of smell. I couldn't pick up leather or subtle notes for weeks. Now I get to enjoy Macbeth and the Witches!

In the sample vial, this smells like dryer sheets and I was instantly put off (ozone pretty much always does that to me). Surprisingly, this isn't a heavy ozone on my skin though. I do amp up a smoky, dark leather though, which isn't something I really love either. I don't know what half of the notes in this should smell like, but I can definitely pick out the leather. After a half hour or so, a very clean or coldly metallic feel pops up behind that leather note and the aggressive smokiness calms down. Macbeth and the Witches isn't as strong a scent as I thought it would be. It dries down to a light leather and cold soapiness on me. I'm not picking out the heavy ozone or spiciness that others have mentioned, but maybe my weird skin chemistry amps up the leather and twists the ozone into soap.

HELLO IRISH SPRING. Ozone almost always turns to soap on me. Nice soap, don't get me wrong, but soap nonetheless. I think I detect a little bit of steel and leather, but that could just be my imagination wishing it so.

Yeah, ye olde Irish Spring scent isn't going anywhere. Sniff. And I like this painting, too.

This is an artistic, beautiful representation of the art for which it is named.

I get a buzz-tingle from the ozone, so lightning is indeed accurate. The steel is sharp and metallic and gives me a tang in my mouth like blood.

The dominant part of this blend is the leather. It's dry and dusty and sort of envelopes the rest of the notes.

I didn't expect to like this, but I do! A word to the wise, though: be mindful of where you wear this! I tested it then went to the dentist and the ozone-metal aspect of this was not comforting! :P

In the bottle – The sharp, not-quite-thereness of the ozone

Wet on me – Primarily the steel and the ozone, making this a distant, unsettling blend

Dry on me – Faint leather

Overall – This disappeared very quickly on me, but what I smelt probably wasn’t something that I would wear anyway

In the bottle, this really is cold steel and something herbal with just a touch of leather

On me, I'm still getting that cold, metallic scent and it's really accurate! The leather is there and the herbs but the whole thing is really dominated by the ozone but it's not weird like it usually is on me. It raises my hackles though, which really makes the whole thing spectacularly evocative of the painting. It's even leaving a metallic taste in my mouth.

This is really an amazing scent but I'm not sure I would wear it. It's a bit masculine and I think it would smell like wet, leathery sex on the right guy. Now to find someone to test it on.....Oops accidently smeared my perfume on this random hot guy!!! :P

Tried this on him. Indeed, it is very cold and metallic. As it dries, it's ozone, alcohol and, not necessarily steel but maybe brass. No leather. Pretty good throw. I imagine this working best on one of those love 'em and leave 'em kind of guys.

herby leather, it could be very masculine but it's not it is just masculine enough. I can see my self wearing it or my boyfriend. There is a darkness to it that is quite intriguing, not a day time scent.

just tried it on my boyfriend, ya we need to get a bottle of this one! :P

Macbeth and the Witches

In the imp: ozone, ack! It's not too bad, but I smell something like wax or plastic too.

Wet on skin: sweet wax, steel, sporty perfume and something lightning-scorched.

Dry on skin: ok, this one is unusual. Not bad though. The steel does it's usual thing and turns to sporty perfume on me, along with the leather and myrrh this smells very much like the Bloody Sword, sweet 'trendy' perfume with leather. I also smell something herbal-possibly the mugwort? I also smell rosin! Yes! Brings back memories of when I used to play cello. I also get something like sweet candle wax. I really like the smells of rosin, leather, wax and myrrh in here but sadly the sporty steely cologne and the ozone make this smell like men's deodorant. And of course, the ozone is the evil, stormy kind. The ozone is rumbling away in the distance for now but it won't be long before it strikes back in an attack of electrified tumble-dried clothes and photocopier air.

After a while: bad ozone! yup, it did the inevitable thing and turned to crackling static-covered tumble dried clothes placed in an office full of electrical appliances. I still smell the resinous notes, which are gorgeous and deep, and the herbal mugwort which, in here, reminds me of thyme, along with a spicy, curry like note which must be ajawon. It reminds me of Indian restaurants-I'm sure this note has been used extensively in the recent batch of Chaos Theory, because a lot of CTIII scents I tried smelt of curry. And I smell the generic men's perfume smell of the steel note. Ick.

The scent then turns into a drier, warmer, and spicier version of Thunder Moon or Kataniya, it's a bit floral by now, but still has that crackling ozone I dislike, and that smell of sports deodorant.

Verdict: I really dislike thunderstorm inspired scents because they have an ozone note that always turns evil on my skin. I was only willing to try this because of the colophony, which apparently is rosin, and that scent does have very fond memories for me. I do get rosin here, but like all other electric scents, the ozone takes over and turns nasty. The steel note also turns to mainstream men's fragrance. Shame really because I love the resinous undertone which at times reminds me of candle smoke with a hint of warm spice, but one of the notes begins to smell like Indian food after a while. So eventually I smell of curry, stringed instruments, sporty aftershave and photocopiers with lightning flashing. Nice. I think that combination is random enough to be almost like some kind of modern art piece, or something. It's weird and conflicting and harsh, and it's evil ozone, which immediately warrants a 'get it off and get it away from me' reaction, so this isn't one I'm keeping.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? no. I don't like stormy scents, or steel ones.

If you like this, try: Thunder Moon, Kataniya, Bloody Sword, Lightning, Tempest, Nyarlahotep

In the imp, mostly ozone with a titch of something herbal. Smells kind of like a lightning storm.

On my skin, it's still mostly ozone at first. Unfortunately, ozone smells pretty manly on me and it doesn't usually work. But then it changes and the herbs are side by side with the ozone. This is actually kind of nice, and I'm surprised. This phase lasts only a short while until... oh noes! The dreaded BO! There's some note that I have not yet identified that makes scents turn to BO on my skin. *sigh*

Verdict: Kind of nice until my skin chemistry turns it into BO. Off the to swaps.

This starts out as herbal with some leather in the background. It's interesting, but the herbal note smells exactly like Victoria's Secret Forbidden Fantasy on me. ( :D ) I'm serious, to my nose it is exactly the same. And, I can also pick up on that curry note....which quickly starts to smell like:

oh noes! The dreaded BO! There's some note that I have not yet identified that makes scents turn to BO on my skin. *sigh*

Verdict: Kind of nice until my skin chemistry turns it into BO. Off the to swaps.

Ew. Body Odor. This just isn't going to work on me. Take care, Macbeth! Sorry I couldn't hang with you! :P

imp: this is all ozone to me, but then, almost all blends with ozone in them smell like ozone single notes.

wet: ozone and... leather? what an unusual combination. still, it's mostly all ozone.

dry: much better once dry. still quite ozoney, but the leather scent is present as well. this would be far better on a man i think.

it smells like curry, metal and shoes. i don't think i want to smell like any of those things.

wow this is an interesting scent..something about this is SO familiar, i wish i could place it. it's ozoney, with an herbal-floral undertone. i can't make out the leather at all, which is a shame because i love leather. this is not a very 'me' scent but i am finding it fascinating right now. i'll have to re-try it for the final verdict.

Cold metal and leather, with a little bit of spice. Also, it seems a bit hazy. Not pointed at all. I would like that sort of scent all right, except that something about this particular scent smells like nail polish remover to me. So this one's not going to work for me.

This one is hot leather (like temperature wise, it puts me in mind of the heat that comes off in waves off the asphalt) and metallic ozone. This one is a very masculine scent to me - commanding and 'don't mess with me'. It's a bit imperious. After a while, there is a slight spicyness to it, and the hotness of the leather cools a bit.

This is very unusual in my mind. And on the right man, you just have to bow to him. Bow. Now.

In bottle: attractive men’s cologne or androgynous women’s perfume, pleasantly ozone with a lighter edge, likely from the myrrh or some of the ingredients I’m not familiar with. This is really pleasant and vaguely unusual. I can pick up a mechanical touch. I’m liking this already. Wet: The steel is stronger than in the bottle and there is a rich incense/steampunk thing going on. I’m inclined to like the sexy, androgynous feel. Dry: The leather comes out and it gets an almost spicy edge to the incense/mechanical blend. This is really amazing, though a touch more femme than one would expect smelling it in the bottle.