Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

All flash and glam: white wine, heliotrope, d'Anjou pear, and lotus.

White wine, a dabble of golden heliotrope, a curvy, sexy scent with a definite boozy edge to it. This one is very golden, very liquid, but still sassy (again: read boozy): disco-bauble might come to mind. This is running a close second in my Secretly Sexy Scent contest: you can't place the seduction, but it's there. Works well with Hollywood Babylon for over-the-top debauchery.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>added description ~ qs</span></span>

i found this was really too sweet and loud for me. there isn't one scent that stands out against the others in my opinion (perhaps the heliotrope?) it's like wearing sweet tarts at first, then it dries into a nostalgic scent of strawberry shortcake and cabbage patch kid dolls... all flash and glam is right :P

Edited by any_old_actress

This one is very sweet. It makes me think of three things: Juicy Fruit Gum (though not so cheap :P), Lush's I Love Juicy Shampoo, and Gummy Bears. I guess the words fruity, sweet, and juicy sum up this divine scent!

Jenny :D :D

Definitely fruity in a bubble-gum flavored sno-cone sort of way. Not sweet in a jam/jelly way; sweet in a candy flavoring sense, like the powdery, fruity texture inside a Everlasting Gobstopper you crunch into as soon as you pop it into your mouth.

I can see how the scent could be interpreted as boozy, although it didn't quite make it to that stage with my chemistry.

at first i disliked glitter lots and thought it smelled like cheap soap. :P it must have been my allergies though, because i ended up loving this after reapplying later. i can't distinguish specific notes, even after having it on my skin for an hour, but it is a tarty little number that reminds me of sweet girly mixed drinks and like others have said, juicy fruit gum!

accessorize with a rhinestone garter belt and enjoy! :D

At first: pink, pink bubblegum; very sweet; too sweet.

Then: the bubblegum softens and pear appears along with powder (of course, since my skin has been turning everything into a powdery scent lately).

Hours later: a soft bubblegun scent with musk. Nope, not for me. Poop.

I am shocked. Finally, a scent with both wine AND lotus that works on me!

Must be the fact that it's white wine rather than red (those turn sour on my skin). This is definitely not as sweet on me as it seems to be on others - there's no smell of Juicy Fruit, to be sure. The heliotrope seems to be the predominant note on my skin. The overall scent is very golden, but more of a warm golden than a sparkly, glittery golden, which is fine by me! It smells rich, clean, and warm, and just a bit powdery. Very feminine.

I will start out by saying that this smells GREAT on sedentaryedge: all powdered sugar and bright juicy fruits.

However, it smells exactly like Bazooka Joe bubblegum on me. For hours. And hours. And hours.

In the bottle, and at first on my skin, this reminds me of cough syrup- sweet and thick- it brings to mind deep magentas and crimsons. There's a medicinal smell to it at the beginning that wears off fairly quickly, leaving just the fruity sweetness (smells a bit like cherry to me).

I rather like this, though I'm a big fan of pretty much all fruity scents.

It could be that I've barely eaten anything today, but Glitter is making me want to bite my arm off!

I am not getting the bubble gum smell that others have...to me it is sweet and seductive all in one. Very light, great for summer. :P

Out of the Bottle: This smells like candy, my husband says it smells just like sweet tarts.

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This does go on very sweet, almost like liquid candy, but as it dries, it tones down. I definitely smell the pear, which is what really sweetens this scent, but under the pear is an almost bitter tang – probably the white wine.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This tones down quite a bit. The scent is almost nonexistent unless I smell my wrists. My wrists are almost powdery … almost. The heliotrope blends with the pear to keep the scent sweet, while the white wine and lotus keep it from being too sugary.

Throughout the Day (10am on): This continued to dry into that sickly-sweet, headache-inducing powder (like Fae and Unseelie). :P Even though I cannot really smell it unless I smell my wrists – but when I do, whoa momma!

Since this scent immediately went on the list of ‘scents to try on the clothing, not the skin’, I figured I would see if I happened to get any on my shirt. In smelling along the neckline of my shirt, I notice a very distinctive difference, and no powder. So it is promising – this will definitely be reevaluated later.

Just got this in a swap--pretty color, the same deep amber-orange as Snake Oil.

In the bottle: getting whiffs of both the pear and the wine. :D

Wet: aghhh! It attacked me! Holy Super-Sweetness, Batman! Pears in syrup, a decadent dessert for those with major sugar cravings.

Dry: a little calmer but not much--getting the heliotrope. On me, it's not like some of the cheap candy or bubble-gum people have mentioned, but it for some reason seems like a naughty French candy I am not debauched enough to appreciate (which is absurd, considering my level of debauchery... :D but that's how it smells to me).

Interesting-- I think my sister may like this--it could be sexy fun on a teenager, but it's a little young or loud or something for me. This smells more like Lolita than, well, Lolita to me.

Oil of Nymphet! :P

mmmmm glitter... :P

the oil in the imp does indeed have a bubble-gummy aura to it, although its a bit sharper. Once applied, however, it morphs rather quickly from sweet and bubbly to tangy and sharp. I cannot pick out the pear at all. In fact its hard to put my finger on any of the notes! If what I'm smelling is heliotrope, I LOVE heliotrope! I can see how some would say it has a very slight soapy scent, but I find that works well to mellow out the candy-sweetness. when this dries down several hours later, the sweetness is pretty much gone leaving nothing but a clean, warm scent.

definete keeper!

First Sniff

Sweet almonds.

Drydown

Slightly fruity (like boiled sweets) and syrupy sweet.

After a While

The white wine comes through quite strongly but it's basically the same.

Final Verdict

It's OK, but not a favourite.

i received this one from lorajc today (thank you!!). i didn't expect to be getting it so soon. thank you, thank you, thank you! it was a pleasant surprise when i woke up.

first sniff: this isn't as sweet as i expected it to be, but it's not that boozy either. i can't pick out anything except the heliotrope. okay, i'll sniff it another time, but i'm not sure if i like this.

on wet: it smells exactly how it does in the bottle, but it's starting to mellow out. it actually seems to be turning very sophisticated on me. it smells like a perfume that a 40 year old woman who's married 5 times and taken all her husbands' money would wear.

dry: this isn't sweet anymore at all. this has dried down to a powdery scent, and it's very dark. the lotus is really kicking in. the d'anjou pear is slightly peaking out, but the white wine has remained in the background. it's only been on for about ten minutes, and it has that "worn" smell to it, like it just molds to your skin. it smells like two lovers out in the middle of a dancefloor, drunkenly trying to make one another jealous by grinding against other people. the debauchery and drama is there, but the glitter has faded.

my grandma likes this one a lot. i'm also on my period, so that could explain why this is a lot darker and weirder on me than i expected. i'll try it again in a couple of days.

edit: oh, woah. the lotus just kicked the heliotrope's ass. that's all i can smell now. 9 hours later and this is still going strong. all of the notes have balanced each other out, and it's sweet, but it isn't as loud as i expected it to be. this turns really nice on me, and it lasts such a long time. wow!

Edited by diabolique

First Impression: I :P heliotrope!

Second Impression: Oh sweet juicy nectar. I want to have a sip. The wine is blending so well with the other notes. It's harmonious, bright, juicy-sweet.

Final Analysis: This is on par with my beloved Tamora and Fae. It's less candylike and more naughty/flirty, but has that same playful sweet feel.

Fjrst sniff: Whoa. Pure Bazooka Joe -- I'm thinking of Lush's Rock Star and that's not a good thing.

After mellowing: Mmmm. Much better. Softer and fruitier now, but with a sexy edge that keeps it from feeling childish. Mama like.

at first: this is gorgeous! it's fruity, with the wine in the background, and a floral smell surrounding it. i think this is going to be a favorite.

on: this is beautiful. i smell the pear and wine, but there is something sweet and floral to it, too. i'm assuming that it's the heliotrope and the lotus. this is so beautiful.

1 hour later: this is a beautiful scent. it's a wonderful blend of the fruit, the floral, and the wine. this may turn out to be a favorite.

2 hours later: i keep thinking i'm smelling peaches and white wine. i really like this.

8 hours later: obviously, this has faded quite a bit. however, i catch whiffs of a more fresh, crisp pear and, as always, the wine.

overall: i really like this. it's a rather sophisticated fruit scent. i'm not entirely convinced to buy a bottle, but i'll probably get another imp once i finish this one.

In the Bottle: Pixie sticks? That's what it smells like...pixie sticks! Ok, I like pixie sticks...

On Me: Well...its definately not pixie sticks, althought the smell is still lingering in my nose. Its changed to a wax flower smell when I put my nose on my wrist, but I still smell pixie sticks in the air. Its light and airy on my skin, while sweet and fruity when I'm not smelling it. I kid you not, pixie sticks. Its not an unpleasant smell, just...I'm surprised.

I like it. Its a keeper!

I ordered an imp of this after Lolita agreed with me so well, just to see what another incarnation of heliotrope would be like.

Lolita is like a day in the sunshine, snapping your bubblegum and playing double-dutch with scents blowing in from the lawns and gardens.

Glitter is an older girl going the clubs underage, getting spun on wine and fizzy drinks, dancing until her mascara melts, and still looking beautiful (because at that age you can).

I can use this when I want to recall and process my younger days (or mourn my youth and beauty). Not a place I would visit every day, but something I need to consider at intervals.

After applying this scent the pear was screaming out at me, wet it wasn't a overly sweet and loud scream, just that it was the one and only note i was smelling.

Dry down was a combination of white wine,heliotrope,d' anjou pear and lotus all playing off of each other. The pear mellowed and the scent had a light winey sweet pear aroma, the staying power was outstanding. Love it ! Want a bigger bottle! :P

EDIT: This was originally posted in all caps. I didn't change the content, just made it stop screaming. --Shollin

I would have thought I would love this one. Maybe I should give it a 3rd try!

I get the juicy fruit smell and while I like juicy and fruit and juicy fruit :P this didn't do alot for me. It would be good for a hot summer day because it isn't heavy or heady.

Okay, it seems I had a completely different reaction to this than everyone else :P

I put Glitter on and at first it was pretty much how I expected: bubbly, and a little fruity - though I wouldn't have said specifically pear, it's more generic-fruit on me.

Then all the way to work I kept catching whiffs of incense. I didn't think they could possible be me (wine + heliotrope + lotus + pear doesn't really equal incense), until I got to my office, sniffed at my arms, and discovered those notes had, somehow, combined themselves into a light yet unmistakeable incense smell.

After eight hours or so I finally got to smell the heliotrope, peeking out a little from behind the faded incense.

Not at all what I expected, but very pleasant (nice to have an incense scent that isn't too heavy or smoky). I'm enjoying my imp and might consider a larger bottle when it's gone.

[edit for typo]

Edited by AnnetteL

Glitter, on me, is sweet but not heady. A nice sweet, and something about the lotus, I think, turns it musky almost instantly. Because of this, I didn't experience it being overbearingly sweet like others did. I was surprised, though, at how mellow it is on me. With a name like Glitter I was hoping for a sharper scent, more like Pain, except with more going on. It isn't though, and turns into a rather straightforward floral.

Glitter smelled like cough syrup to me.. it was too strong just smelling it, so I couldn't bear to try it out.