Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A Latin word that means to sigh or draw a deep breath, that also suggests longing, desire, yearning, and a passionate wish. Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley.

in the bottle: hit of very floral, either lily or jasmine, I cannot tell which yet
wet: Definitely lillies! Calla lily is a muskier scent and I can pick that up, the sweetness of lily of the valley is there but underneath it. A few sniffs more and I can find the brightness that is jasmine, I'm not sure about white plum, white orchid or ylang ylang (the last of which is a complete unknown to me)
drying/5 minutes: Floral still, but it is sweetening up on me - is that the plum? It might be! These are all very 'sweet' floral scents as well, which I find I'm rather enjoying
more dry/15 minutes: it's warmer now, toned down but not fading - a bit like what I might get on a lazy summer late afternoon, hot day, flowers that have been in the sun... this is a lovely combination!

Jasmine and lillies are some of my favorite flowers to smell (I LOVE my jasmine outside! still blooming and I inhale deeply every time I leave/come back home), so although I HATE FLORALS, I was willing to give this a try. Nothing in here made my nose itch like 90% of the other floral type of scents do, so that alone is a huge plus.

and that's all for now!

Quite pretty scent. Sort of a cool, mellow floral. (On me.) I could see how it's warm, but not Pink Moon warm.

Ordering a large bottle.

Edited by ohm

Oh beautiful scent! The ylang ylang and the lily is soft, and powdery sweet. The plum peeks out, a sweet fruity note. It's soft, delicate and perfection. I love this.

my first bottle purchase unsniffed, and I'm glad I did - thank you gingersnapp :P

In the bottle: the jasmine and calla lily jump out at you, very floral, almost headachy floral and as noted by leahcat above kind of musky. It made me think 'yikes, what have I gotten myself into?' and I adore jasmine and lilies. Hang on, not-big-floral fans, that's not all there is to it!

Wet: The orchid pushes to the front with the jasmine and calla lily, and for a second it's WHOAfloral. But as it warms on my skin the ylang ylang and plum start to work their way through, lightening the blend considerably. The florals that a split second ago were TOOSTRONG now temper the sweetness of the plum and ylang-ylang, keep them from getting cloying. From "ew" to "OMFG" in 2 seconds, who knew? Nota bene, however, the early stages this is potent stuff. on me at least, more than a drop--and that's between wrists, behind the ears, and cleavage--and they'd be able to smell me in the next county.

Drydown: The throw mellows quite a bit over the next hour, but I'm still getting occasional wafts a couple hours later; my skin seems to drink most scents really quickly, so I'd say that's better than average staying power. The lily of the valley doesn't really poke her head out on me until almost the end, probably because it's the lightest note and it gets a little buried in the bolder flowers. The ylang-ylang was the longest-lasting note on me but that's probably because my skin loves it--and this blend adds enough complexity to it that it doesn't go too sweet. Not quite as yummy to me as my lovely Loralei, but definitely a keeper. I'm glad I got a 5 mL.

Edited by northatlantic

Suspiro

in vial: strong lily scent

wet: lilies, orchid, and jasmine...VERY floral

dry: the sweet ylang ylang and plum mix with the floral...I like

verdict: unfortunately, this has all but disappeared from my skin in less than three hours...I will use up my imp but will not be ordering a larger bottle

In the bottle: This has an interesting floral and yet a creamy/fruit scent to it in the bottle. Everything seems to be so well blended that I can't pull any of the notes out of it. The lily notes worry me because lily and I do not always get along but so many of the other things sounded lovely enough to tempt me into procuring a bottle from the lovely bigeyedgirl.

Wet: Lilies. Lily and ylang ylang. Oh my. Not what I had hoped a all so far. And the lilies are doing that, "We're gonna smell funky on your skin" thing again. This is sad.

Dry down: I don't know what it is that does it, but this goes almost instantly sour on my skin. It does the weird sour lily smell rather than doing something pretty with the white plum and jasmine like I had hoped. Now it's gone into a powdery, sour scent on me. I just don't think these lilies and I can get along. If I pick a lily blend, we have a 50/50 chance of working. Looks like this one is an unfortunate no-go. I had such high hopes, too.

Dry: Hmmmm...it's a little sweeter now, which does smell like the white plum, but that sour lily smell never does go away. It gets a little more powdery, but it's still sadly sour. Oh well. I hope I can find a good home for this one because it does not like me. :P

When I first put this on, it is very floral. Almost a little overwhelming, and stronger than I expected. After a few minutes the smell smooths out and while it still has a good throw, it isn't overpowering. The white flowers are really dominant in the blend, but there is a tiny fruit undernote, which rounds the scent out.

After drydown, this is really soft, demure and very feminine. There isn't any sort of edge or darkness. It smells just like a bridal bouquet. I probably won't be wearing this every day, but it will be very nice for days when I am feeling particularly girly.

This one is very dainty and feminine. Beautiful floral with an underlying sweetness to it. This is so well blended. I wish I had the single notes of Ylang Ylang and lilly of the valley so I could compare. Although this is gorgeous it is not me. I try to be girly but I really love my patchouli scents.

In the bottle: Floral. I can smell the lilies.

On Skin: Lilies! And something else that is sweet. God, this is a gorgeous floral scent.

On Drydown: I think I'm smelling some of the plum. This scent has turned much sweeter. I can still smell the lilies.

Verdict: I'm kinda torn on this one. I have two other scents that are lily smells that I also like, one of which I completely adore. This one is nice too. Hmm... I'll keep this one for now.

Received as a frimp, I would never have ordered this on my own ... on the one hand it has several notes I love (ylang ylang, calla lily) it also has my worst nose enemies (PLUM, orchid) ...

What is fascinating to me about this scent is that all of the notes hit you at once, boom boom boom. Good and bad. Wet, it is more good than bad and actually really yummy ... I get excited and hopeful.

Sadly, but not surprisingly, on drydown, the evil plum and orchid take over and it goes into the swap pile. I liked this more than I thought I would, but it is still just meh. Interesting, but meh.

First impression: sharp jasmine smell, I don’t think I like this.

Dtry: the jasmine is gone, thank god! It’s become more fruity and light, I think that’s the plum. There’s very little ylang ylang in this, because it’s not that sweet and cloying. I think the lilies are toning the ylang ylang down.

Lilies mostly go soapy on me, but not in this case, probably because of the ylang ylang and plum.

This is rather nice when it’s dry but I can't get over the first impression, so Ill be using the imp, but no bottle for me.

A golden warm floral - enveloping and embracing. The jasmine doesn't overpower and the ylang ylang shines in the opening.

Suspiro has excellent sillage and lasts a reasonable amount of time - I could still smell it 5 hours later and was catching faint whiffs up to 8 hours later.

A light white floral blend. The jasmine and lily are the top notes on me, lovely and perfumey. The orchid is hiding deep behind the other two. Although it says gender neutral, this is a very womanly perfume to me. It's soft and angelic. It doesn't last very long on me, but what I did smell I liked a lot.

Suspiro

Smooth, very smooth. Smooth in the way Juliet is smooth. Nothing in here goes at all sharp on me. It's a very cool, white scent. The white plum adds a lovely, unexpected touch of juicy sweetness. The jasmine actually behaves on me in this blend! It smells fresh and wispy, almost ethereal. Not at all heavy or murky. This is unabashedly feminine, a veil of womanliness draped across your skin. It's light enough that one can smell a touch of one's own natural scent underneath.

Very pretty, a new favorite.

Edited by riddel

Wet: Something almost...like flowers, but in a nurses office. I get baby powder/the powder inside dentists gloves smooshed with flowers.

On me: LILY. Leaps out and bitchslaps me, with an undercurrent of jasmine. This is a nice blend because it doesn't make me nauseous with the flower smells. It's a flower trained to heel and not make one smell whorish. I put a teensy bit on and it'sjust the strength I think appropriate for a perfume...I would venture to say that this has some serious staying power and an imp/bottle would go a long way!

~Fox

suspiro.jpg

Beautiful white flower blend with plenty of lilies and jasmine (which does not overtake everything else---hooray). Gorgeous feminine smell without being waxy and overbearing. I think this one is a fine scent, even for summer when you don't want something that descends on other people. Suspiro entrances other people.

My Impresssion:

Wow, this one took me by compelete surprise and completely won me over. It is a lovely white floral without turning soapy. I was only in agreement with the description that stated this is a passionate wish..Dead on. I could see where it would be entrancing.

Fruity floral. This was all lily to start but the plum started coming in as it dried down. Light and not heavily fruity this was gorgeous and sweet, bright and charming, a very happy, relaxing good summer scent. Pretty but it didn't fill any niches or needs for me so I'm swapping it off.

So many floral blends seem to smell the same to me. If they have jasmine, it almost always overpowers everything else. So I get that same floral smell and feel from it, even if the other notes are extremely different.

That said, at first I get strong smoky jasmine and an undercurrent of musky white floral. It's not as overpowering as I expected it to be, but it's still very not me and kind of makes me feel lightheaded.

After about an hour the fruity plum seems to be coming out and I like that note quite a lot, but the jasmine is choking it and keeping it very far in the background :P

In conclusion, this is too much of a musky jasmine for me to want a full bottle and I will probably be swapping my imp.

When I got my Imps in the mail from this order I sniffed them all and put the ones I didn't think I'd end up liking in a pile. Of those I re-read the descriptions to see what drew me to them, and what I thought I'd like about them. In three I found a common element - Jasmine.

At first I denied it, I love Jasmine, Jasmine tea, Jasmine rice... mmm. But somehow in a perfume it just doesn't draw me in.

After I tried it on, do not like it at all. I wanted to wash it off right away but I decided to see if it grew on me or if the white plum scent eventually came out more. It just smelled icky, and sort of gave me a stomach ache. There is this very green floral element that I just don't like. It did not grow on me, I ended up putting lotion on over it - with the lotion on top my mom said it smelled "clean". I think she is going to try some of the ones I really don't like and see if they work for her.

Okay so I don't like it. But in the scheme of things this is a good discovery. It means I can make a more educated choice when I order, and I get to try new scents and discover what I really like.

An intense floral with a fruity touch.

Wet, jasmine and white plum are pretty strong, and as it dries down the ylang ylang comes out.

I think it's pretty romantic!

In the Bottle: Light jasmine and soap.

Drydown: getting the jasmine still and strangely, whiffs of violet and some herb.

Dry: okay I KNOW I put on perfume oil... Now I am getting just the faintest breath of a cool airy fragrance I can't even smell enough to describe. Hmmm. Oh well. It's cool and sometimes I smell the Ylang Ylang.

ETA: WOW the naming on this... another idea encapsulated in scent. It truly is like a breath... amazing. I can't wear it as a perfume but the execution of the idea is impressive.

Edited by AlaskaSnows

I'm finding that lillies do something odd on my skin. They get very waxy, almost as if someone had created a lilly candle scent. I usually love florals, but this one goes weird because of the waxy lilly. The jasmine is quite strong and this blend is very very sweet. While this isn't for me, I can see this being a favourite of someone whose skin can warm and exude these beautiful blossoms.

This is a beautiful floral...it is predominantly jasmine on me, but I do get hints of white plum and a bit of lily as well. However, on me this is definitely a jasmine scent. I don't love it as much as I love other jasmine scents like Nuit or Black Dahlia, but it is very pretty and a kinda mellow floral scent.